Our Hobbies & Interests

Angela and I have a variety of joint interests. We love to spend time with our friends, whether it be going out to dinner, making dinner, going to concerts or arts events, or just playing games at home. We especially enjoy board games (Settlers of Cataan and Ticket to Ride are two of our favorites) and card games. Our favorite card game is called Hand and Foot, which we have now taught to all of our friends and family. I would like to say I let Angela win, but the fact is she wins more than half of the time and I have to pretend like I am not trying very hard. We are both very competitive, although I think Angela beats me in that category.

We love ethnic food—my favorite is Thai, Angela’s is Indian or sushi. Angela is an amazing cook and does everything with style. We like to mountain bike and ski. I like to swim and Angela likes yoga, pilates and running. Angela plays the violin and hopes to teach it to our kids. We enjoy going to the theater or just to the movies. Angela even introduced me to contemporary ballet, and I have to admit that I actually really like it. We like to travel and take a lot of photos. We have been as far as Russia, but New York City is one of our favorite spots because we love the theater, the restaurants, and the shopping. Angela also can’t wait for her annual trip to Las Vegas with her two best girlfriends from law school—now the trip includes us husbands and the three kids.


Angela is passionate about everything she does: motherhood, cooking, her work, service. She is an amazing mother and I am constantly impressed with how much she teaches Ellie. Although she is enjoying staying home with Ellie, she dreams of starting up her law practice again after our kids are in school. This time, though, she will be starting an international adoption practice as well as some civil rights work. I have helped fund international orphanages before, and we would love to work with one in Africa.


When I have the time, I enjoy building and fixing things: houses, cars, and computers are some of my favorites. As a kid my father and brother and I used to build things, from Lego cars when I was three, to pinewood derby cars when I was nine, to actual cars when I was seventeen. Angela and I plan to build a new house someday. I have done excellent work building and remodeling homes I have lived in before, but I am not very fast at it, so when Angela and I plan our dream home we agree that we will have it built for us but with some parts unfinished so that I can still have something to work on.

More than anything, we both like to spend time with each other and friends and family. We are lucky to have most of Angela's family live close by. Although my family is spread out, we visit each other often and go on family vacations a few times a year.