About Our Family

Ken and I met on a blind date. We were set up by two non-Mormon friends who thought we would be perfect for each other because we were the only two single Mormons that they knew. We instantly hit it off over sushi and pool, got engaged shortly thereafter, and were married the next year. We share many of the same interest, but are good complements to each other. Ellie's arrival changed many things and it seems like she has always been a part of our family. Although she has been our world, our family is not complete. Our siblings are our best friends and we want Ellie to grow up with that same friendship and loving family.

Growing up, my parents taught me to work hard and love through service. A lot of our family time with both of our families now is spent working on service projects, whether it be remodeling my brother’s house or landscaping my parent’s yard for a wedding reception. These are some of the best things that my parents taught me and I want to be able to pass that down to my kids. I know it will help them to accomplish whatever it is they set out to do.

Our families also love to play. Most summers, my family rents a cabin for a week in Utah or Idaho and we go boating and play games. Our family time is made all the more fun because I have six of the greatest and funniest nieces and nephews. We are excited that our kids will have so many cousins close by and be able to spend time with their grandparents, who are so excited for us to have more kids.

Each year we alternate which family we see for Thanksgiving and which we see for Christmas, although some holidays we manage to take longer vacations and see both on one trip. Ken's family always plans great vacations, whether it be to McCall, Idaho or to Mexico or to Ireland. His parents are always game for a big family road trip or plane trip, ususally to see friends or extended family. Ken's family is wonderfully warm and fun. Ken's niece has loved having a cousin and can't wait to have more little cousins to take care of and babysit.